On Thursday, July 19, more than 20,000 music lovers will travel to Bridgeport's Seaside Park to attend. The festival was founded in 1995 by Weston resident Ken Hays to celebrate the life of Grateful Dead guitarist Jerry Garcia.
Patch is pleased to announce a partnership with the Vibes, and we're giving away ticket packages to six lucky winners who yearn to put on their dancing shoes.
To enter, just (full rules in PDF attached):
- Write a Jerry Garcia-inspired haiku (structure outlined below)
- Post it in the comments thread below
To vote up the winners, just:
- Find your favorite haiku in the comments
- Hit "Reply" just below that haiku and let us know you're voting for it
Haiku-posting and voting close at midnight Wednesday.
Five winners will receive four tickets to Friday, Saturday and Sunday's festivities, while the grand prize winner will receive two camping passes to the event which includes admittance Thursday night as well. Patch will meet the winners in Fairfield on Wednesday, July 18 to hand off the tickets.
Good luck, and we hope to see you boogying on the beach!
A haiku is an unrhymed, three-line poem with this structure:
- Line 1: 5 syllables
- Line 2: 7 syllables
- Line 3: 5 syllables
Here's the concert's official site. Headliners this summer include:
- Bob Weir & Bruce Hornsby with special guest Branford Marsalis
- Phil Lesh & Friends