The ongoing effort to make Orange schools safer continues tonight as a sub-committee will discuss "School Security Monitors" during a meeting in the superintendent's office at BOE offices.
The Personnel Sub-Committee meeting of the Ad-Hoc School Security Committee will take place at 7 p.m. tonight, March 6. On the agenda:
- Schedule/hours for school security monitors
- Protocols for School Security Monitors
- Funding for School Security Monitors
- Training for School Security Monitors
The meeting is but the latest in a series of ongoing discussions the Orange School District is having in the wake of the shooting at Sandy Hook School in nearby Newtown on Dec. 14, 2012, which claimed the life of 20 first graders and six educators.
A couple of related pieces of content:
- A Letter from Orange Superintendent of Schools
- Committee Considering Many Measures to Make Schools Safer