Welcome to my blog! My pulpit. My forum. My informational platform to keep you in the know about real estate. Looking to purchase a new home or sell your existing one? Contact me for unparalleled service. Questions? I'm here to help.
Now that we are approaching the Spring Market, one of the busiest times of the year in terms of home activity, putting your best impression forward is important. Here are 10 ways to prepare for a showing:
- Mini mop ups Sweep the kitchen, bathroom, and entry way. If needed, use a cleaning towel or sponge to clean any spots or debris.
- Dust the furniture A quick wipe down of the furniture, TV screens, and computer monitors can help make each room shine.
- Clean off counters All counters should be clean and clear. Remove clutter as well - small appliances, knick knacks, and odds and ends should be stored.
- Beds made All the beds in the home should be made. If your bed spreads are faded, dated, torn, or ripped consider updating them with new covers.
- Garbage cans empty All garbage cans need to be empty. Also wash them out once a week and give them a quick spay of disinfectant to cut down odors.
- Carpets vacuumed Give the carpets a quick once over to fluff them up. Focus your efforts on the entry and living room.
- Lights on A dark home is gloomy. Turn on all the lights in the home, and open drapes and blinds to brighten the home. Also be sure your windows are clean.
- Load the dishwasher Clear the dishes off the counters by loading the dishwasher but don't start the cycle if it will be running during the showing.
- Load the washer and dryer Clothes should be picked up and either placed in a hamper or loaded into the washer or dryer. Again don't start the cycle if it will be running during the showing.
- Pick up every room Work backward from the entry point of the home to the furthest bedroom picking up everything up off the floors and counter surfaces.