114th General Assembly District
- Aldon Hynes (D): Hynes is a social media manager for a community health center and a Woodbridge resident. He is a newcomer to running for political office, but previously worked on Howard Dean's 2004 campaign and Ned LaMont's 2006 Senatorial campaign. He has received an endorsement from the Amity High School Young Democrats.
- Themis Klarides (R): Seven-term incumbent Themis Klarides represents Orange, Woodbridge and Derby. Klarides boasts a 99% voting record in the House of Representatives and serves as Deputy Republican Leader.
For more on the 114th State Senatorial District race, see clips from Patch's Oct. 22 debate between Hynes and Klarides.
119th General Assembly District
- James Maroney (D): James Maroney won the backing of the Democratic Party in May to seek the seat of outgoing state Rep. Richard Ro. “The reason I am running is simple, my desire to help people. It’s the reason I left my job on Wall St 13 years ago to start my small business,” he said in a statement following the nomination.
- Pam Staneski (R): The former Milford Board of Education and alderman isbacked by the Republican Party to take the district representing parts of Orange and Milford. “Hartford’s policies have been driving businesses out of the state, costing many people their jobs and their hope,” she said in a statement.
14th State Senatorial District
- Gayle Slossberg (D): Incumbent Gayle Slossberg has held her office since 2005, representing Orange, Milford and West Haven. Woodbridge is a new addition to the district following redistricting. Earlier this year she was a key vote in abolishing the death penalty.
- Michael DeGrego (R): A newcomer to the political scene, Michael DeGrego received the backing of Republicans last month. “These are the folks looking for jobs, running out of unemployment because Connecticut tweaked the numbers to make it look better than it is,” he said in an announcement. Read Patch's profile of DeGrego.
117th district State Representative Paul Davis is running unopposed.