The Orange Town Plan & Zoning Commission will open a public hearing this evening on an application that would set the stage for a new restaurant to open in the Firelite Shopping Center.
The hearing will begin at 8 p.m. on the special exception application brought forth by Anthony Urbano, for property at 35 Old Tavern Road. According to the meeting agenda, the proposal is for a restaurant food service — The Grape & Press — with take-out and outdoor seating.
During its meeting, which starts at 7:30 p.m. in the lower level of Orange Town Hall, the commission will also take up these matters:
- Consider an application, submitted by Nora Cody & John B. Lipsky for property known as 548 Halliwell Ave., for the conversion of a single-famiily dwelling to accomodate an elderly apartment (this will take place during the public hearing portion of the meeting).
- Site Plan Application by Ben’s Service Station, 115 Boston Post Road: The proposal is for two additions to an existing service station for a waiting room and emission testing.
- Review and discuss proposed regulations on fun houses, haunted houses and other similar attractions.
- Hear a report of the Zoning Enforcement Officer.
- Review of the Minutes from the Nov. 20, 2012, meeting.