Three Amity High School students were charged with disorderly conduct after they activated the fire alarm while smoking in the bathroom, police said.
Woodbridge Police said the students — ages 16 and 17 — were arrested Tuesday afternoon. According to an incident report, the high school was evacuated at 12:48 p.m. on Feb. 11 when the fire alarm went off.
Police and fire personnel responded, police said, and determined that the alarm was set off by three students who were smoking an e-cigarette in a bathroom.
All three students are scheduled to appear in New Haven Juvenile Court on Feb. 18.
According to Wikipedia, e-cigarettes, or electronic cigarettes, are battery-powered devices that simulate smoking cigarettes — complete with nicotine.