A West Haven man employed by the reportedly started a fire in the 200 Indian River Road store while customers were inside.
According to police, the man, who they identified as Manuel Aviles, 23, lit an aerosol can on fire in the bathroom and stuck it into the ceiling tiles. The alleged incident took place at 2:38 p.m. on June 16, police said.
The Orange Volunteer Fire Department extinguished the fire, police said, while officers took Aviles in custody.
He was charged with first-degree arson, first-degree reckless endangerment, and first-degree criminal mischief. Aviles was held on a $100,000 bond and was scheduled to appear in court on June 18.
The above information was provided by the .