HEY EVERYONE....IT IS THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN!!! We are now accepting applications for our Annual Battle of the Bands at the ATC!!! We are looking to fill the spots in every round with some really great bands this year!!! Below you will find the dates available and the entry information that is needed! Please submit the application with your FIRST TWO choices for dates your band is available to play.
All Entries must be received no later than October 13th so that we can select this years competitors in time for our first round!!!
The dates for the qualifying rounds are as follows:
Nov. 9, 16, 23, 30, Dec 7, 14, 2012. Please remember to pick TWO dates that you are available for should you be chosen to compete!
The finals competition will be January 4th! All bands that compete in the finals will also be eligible to play at our annual Toad’s Place Show on February 18th, 2013!!
Please copy and paste this form below into an email and submit it to
Submission Form for The 2013 ATC Battle of The Bands
- You or your group must play original music. No more than 2 covers per set. Playing more than 2 covers immediately disqualifies you.
- Even though this is a Battle of the Bands, The ATC’s rules remain in effect. No alcohol or drugs on the premises. This includes the parking lot.
- Each band member that qualifies for the FINALS will be required to sell 10 Tickets @ $10 Presale Price for the show held at Toads Place in New Haven in February. These tickets will be $12 at the door.
Each band will be required to volunteer at an Amity Teen Center event prior to the date of the Toads show.
HOW THE WINNERS ARE PICKED
There will be several separate factors that determines who makes it to the finals and ultimately, who wins the Battle. These factors are…
- Your draw. How many people you can get to come out to support you will be totaled at the door for each show, so get all of your friends and family members to come out and show their support. The number of people that are there to see you will directly impact your crowd interaction which is 25% of how you are judged to become a finalist.
- A group of area judges with a mixture of personal genre preferences will be judging all the performers on their performance, professionalism, crowd interaction, and musicianship.
There will be two finalists picked from each of our qualifying Battles that are chosen to compete as finalists.
Ultimately there will be a maximum of twelve bands that go on to the final round. These same twelve bands will be performing at our Annual Benefit show held at Toad's Place in February!
- The winners of the final round are decided by the same qualifiers that the previous round is based on.
Ultimately, one grand prize winner will be chosen.
1) Recording Time - 5 hours.
2) Free Entry For The Whole Band To A Show @ The ATC.
3) $100 Gift Card - Sam Ash
4) Photo session with a photographer
5) First choice of time slot for the Toads Place show
6) More Prizes to come......
A) Gift Card for 2nd Place - Sam Ash
B) Gift Card for the remaining 10 finalists
SO COME ON.....GET YOUR ENTRY SUBMITTED BEFORE ALL OF OUR SLOTS FILL UP!!!