Nominations are open for the 2012 Nightingale Awards for Excellence in Nursing!
Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, Advanced Practice Registered Nurses and Nurse Practitioners may be nominated for recognition by their employers if they are involved in clinical practice, leadership, scholarship and/or education. Please note that nominations must be made through the employer. If you work with nurses, ask your employer today about how to nominate a nurse.
What are the criteria? Nominees should have:
- Made a significant impact on patient care and/or the nursing profession;
- Gone "beyond the call" in a clearly illustrated scenario;
- Demonstrated excellence above what is normally expected;
- Shown commitment to the community served in a way that is significantly above the norm; or
- Achieved a life-long legacy in a particular arena.
Learn more about the Nightingale Awards at http://www.nightingalenursingawards.org/newhaven/