With updwards of two feet of snow and drifts at least twice as deep in some areas, and winds still gusting at blizzard levels, Orange Police have issued a statement telling residents to stay home.
All state and town roads are closed, police said. "Many secondary roads are impassable. Do not attempt to drive," police said. "Stuck and stranded vehicles will hamper efforts to open roadways. We are asking residents to shelter in place while crews clear roads."
A few other points the police department made:
- When clearing driveways, DO NOT leave snow piles in the roadway, this can limit access for emergency vehicles.
- Please clear hydrants in your neighborhood, if possible.
- Consider checking on elderly neighbors.
- The shelter remains closed at this time.
- To report power outages, call UI at 800-722-5584
- Call 911 for emergencies only.
Tune to local news outlets for weather updates, the police department said, as they will send further notifications as conditions improve.
For more on the storm and how it's impacting the town:
Check out the Orange Storm Central article that we are updating with the latest information.