- Saturdays 10am-5pm and Sundays 12pm. Makes a wonderful family outing. Price: $9 adults/$5 kids.
There are two "weather permitting" skating rinks in Orange:
- The 'Nice Rink' located at High Plains Community Center Fairgrounds, across from the Pool parking lot, is available until 9:30pm when the lighting is turned off. Children under 10 must have parental supervision on site. Hockey is not permitted under any circumstances.
- Wrights Pond on Old Grassy Hill Road is monitored by the Parks and Recreation Department for ice safety. The ice is checked daily and there are signs posted indicating when it is safe to skate.
3. Visit the
- Noon-5pm Saturday. The Connecticut Children's Museum has eight thematic and community-inspired rooms. Kids learn about science, art, community and more, through hands on exhibits. Price: $7.50.
- Sleeping Giant Winter Tree Identification hike will get you out and get you moving. Sunday 1:30pm open to the public
5. Go Swimming!
- Pretend it's summertime and go for a swim at the at the High Plains Community Center. Open swim hours Saturdays and Sundays 10am-12:30pm and Sundays 1:30pm-4:50pm. No charge.